Monday, November 7, 2016

Recipe: Tomato sauce with ground beef | Video


In my experience, spaghetti brings families together. It has been a while since I shared my first recipe for tomato sauce with ground beef, but the memory of my grandmother Juanita watching over me as I made it still makes me smile. I hope you try this recipe and video for how I’m making spaghetti sauce nowadays, and that you can share it with your loved ones.

Mmm... Salsa de Tomates con Carne Molida





I am still using the same ingredients, but I am mixing them in in a slightly different way. Also, I favor using tomato paste instead of tomato sauce. The paste seems to gives it a better consistency. How do you like your spaghetti?

Ingredients
1 lb / ½ kilo of ground beef
½ onion, minced or ground
2 cloves of garlic
4-5 peeled and blended tomatoes
1-2 bay leaves
1-2 dried mushrooms, as preferred
Wine, as preferred (optional)
6 oz./170 grams of tomato paste, approx.
1 carrot, peeled and grated
Salt and pepper
Oil
Parmesan cheese

Preparation
Salt and pepper the beef. Cook it in a pot with hot oil. Set it aside.



Fry the onion and the garlic. Pour the blended tomatoes.


Add the bay leaves, dried mushrooms, and wine.


Add the tomato paste, followed by the grated carrot.


Add the ground meat and cook for about 40 to 60 minutes.


Serve the sauce over pasta, with Parmesan cheese.


Serves 4 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment