Monday, December 12, 2016

Recipe: Peruvian inspired pasta rice with mushrooms | Easy to make | Video

Welcome December! I obviously love this month because I love Christmas. Some of my best childhood memories took place during Christmas Eve, waiting for midnight to strike with my sister and cousins so we could open the gifts. I remember watching my parents dancing all night, improvising “El Baile del Perrito”, and being a mischievous little girl. Now that I’m thirty years old Christmas is still special. I enjoy Christmas decorations and making gifts without expecting them in return.

Arroz con fideos y hongos



Today's recipe is inspired by the Peruvian dish known as Arabic Rice, from my Nicolini cookbook. I chose it because it's delicious and a perfect side dish for the holidays. I dare not call it a proper Arabic Rice, because I replaced some important ingredients that I didn’t have (tumeric by cumin) and others that my dinner date did not want to eat (mushrooms).

Ingredients
4 tablespoons butter
250 grs. of capellini noodles
2 cups washed white rice
250 grs. of diced mushrooms
5 cups of hot water, approximately
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt

Preparation
Melt the butter in a large pot.

Derretir la mantequilla en una olla grande (debí empezar con olla grande)

Brown the noodles in it. Add the rice and let it also brown a few minutes.


Add the mushrooms, cumin, and salt. Add the hot water and mix them together.


Bring the water to a boil again. When it boils, cook low until the rice is cooked. This could take about 10 minutes, approximately and depending on your source of heat. Keep an eye on the pot so that the water doesn’t dry up and burn the content.


The rice can be served with a meat and accompanied by vegetables.

Puede ser un buen arroz navideño

Serves 6-8 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment