Sunday, November 12, 2017

Recipe: Quinoa pudding (Arroz con leche)

Hi there, do you remember me? I am very happy to share this post with you. Today's recipe is very special for me because I made it for the first time for my Cookpad Peru friends during their visit to Lima this year for our national holiday. It was a very nice experience that I took a while to share with you. Thank you very much for your warm reception and that enthusiasm to motivate us to share recipes from our hearts. Español aquí.


I love this recipe even more because it tastes like family. At least in my case. I made it again more recently for visit my visiting grandmother and my uncle Kike. Family should always be celebrated and it was very special for me to share this treat with them. I hope that you enjoy this recipe too and that you can also share warm and sweet moments with your loved ones.


How am I? I am full of plans and dreams. I hope I can share them soon. The important thing is that I do what I believe in, but don’t think I’m not afraid. I fear not doing things well, but I’m more afraid of never trying. Kisses!

Ingredients
5 cups of water
1 cup of quinoa - make sure it has no little pebbles
1 can of evaporated milk or 1 liter of fresh milk
1 cup of sugar
1 to 2 cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Preparation
Bring water and cinnamon sticks together in a pot.


Bring to a boil.


Add the quinoa.


Cook in low heat, until the water is gone.


Add milk and sugar.


Let it simmer, stir all the while.


Add the vanilla essence and mix it in.


Let it cool for some minutes before serving. It will reabsorb.


Serve, garnishing with ground cinnamon and raisins. It's a great dessert to share or take with you to the office (I love using old jam containers for this).


Makes 6 to 8 individual servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment