Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Recipe: Pot roast beef in tomato sauce (Video)

This weekend was great. It was my first time going to the Austin City Limits music festival in Texas, although I ended up with a fever and a sore throat last night. I will be trying to cure myself with lots of fluids like hot tea with lemon and plenty of soups. While this liquid healing is underway, I want to share this recipe and video with you for a delicious pot roast beef in tomato sauce.




I really like this this recipe because I had leftover pot roast for two days and it reheated quite well. Does it happen to you that some food does not taste the same the next day? Well this pot roast keeps very well in case you want leftovers.

I did suffer a while little preparing the roast because I was uncertain about adding the wine and vinegar juice in which the meat had marinated. I threw it in with the beef and spent about three hours in agony because I feared it would be horrible but it actually tastes great. It adds a tang of acidity, which is nice, although if you like your roast with a traditional tomato sauce feel free to discard the juice.

About the festival, I loved it! I got to see Wild Belle which is a band that I really love this year, and I also hear some bands for the first time like Mike Snow and LCD Soundsystem.


Ingredients
1 kilo of roast beef
1 carrot, peeled and cut into long stalks
1 cup wine
½ cup vinegar
2-3 cloves garlic or powder
Salt and pepper
1 finely chopped or blended onion
3-4 peeled and blended tomatoes
170 kg of tomato paste, approximately

Preparation
Remove the grease from the beef, according to your preference. You can cut the beef into smaller cuts, if preferred.

Dress with garlic, salt and pepper, according to preference. With a sharp knife, stab the beef and add the stalks of carrots. The idea is that the carrot will go through it, from one side to the other.




 
Marinate the meat with wine and vinegar. Let it sit for 1 hour or more.



 
Fry the marinated beef in a hot pot. Make sure all sides are golden brown.




Set the beef aside in a bowl, and brown the onion and garlic.


Add blended tomatoes. Following that, add tomato paste. You can add bay leaves. Let it cook 5-10 min.


Add the meat into the sauce and cook for 1 to 4 hours. You can add the juice that the meat was marinated in to the sauce, considering that this will add a slight acid tang to the juice. I tried and enjoyed it.
Cook from 1 to 4 hours
You can cut the meat into slices and serve with a side of cooked vegetables.


Serves 4 people.
Comments
The longer you cook it, the softer the meat will be. I cooked for 3 hours.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment